Re: Incompatible compiler option fexec-charset

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Incompatible compiler option fexec-charset
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 15:54:06 +0000

On 7 Dec 2011, at 15:48, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> I suggest you re-read the test code and comments because there's nothing
> random about using latin1.

Okay, I just looked at the test.  Apparently the LANG environment variable is
set, so it is not doing something random (is LANG set inside GNUstep Make for
subsequent compiles though?)

> Of course there may be errors ... but you don't seem to have found any, and
> just calling it random is not helpful.
> If I'm not testing what I describe, please provide a report of why not and a
> fix.

I still don't understand WHY it is testing it.  It seems that you have broken
the build for lots of people (or, at least, made them explicitly add a flag to
remove a scary warning) to provide a compiler flag that is never needed in any
of our existing code and should never be provided for sane code.

David

-- Sent from my brain