Re: 64-bit NSNotFound breakage in gui

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: 64-bit NSNotFound breakage in gui
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 18:18:55 +0100

On 15.12.2011 19:46, Eric Wasylishen wrote:
The recent change to increase NSNotFound on 64-bit breaks a lot of
code in gui which stores NSNotFound in unsigned int.

I made the minimal required changes. This change means that on 64 bit machines the size of a few gui classes changed. On such systems all applications must be recompiled.

I think we should probably do a major search/replace on gui and
update everything to NS[U]Integer and CGFloat, because it will
continue to cause headaches if we don't. I don't have time to do this
right away, though.

This sounds like the right way to go. But as you wrote this is even more work and I don't have the time for it myself at the moment. And we do not only need this for gui, but for back and every other library and application inside and outside of GNUstep as well.