Re: NSTextField didn't change color on set...Color: while editing.

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: NSTextField didn't change color on set...Color: while editing.
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:45:26 +0000

On 19 Dec 2011, at 06:30, Bluna Ratimonkey wrote:

> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?35101

I'm not sure I understand the rationale here.

- The behaviour is useful
- Developers expect it
- Apple doesn't do it

Apparently the third of these trumps the first two.  I disagree with that
decision, and so does a lot of code in GNUstep.  It should be easy to port code
from Cocoa to GNUstep, but I don't think there is any reason why we should not
provide a superset of the functionality that Apple implements.  Doing so seems
to be entirely in keeping with the goal of GNUstep as I understand it: to
provide a great Free Software development environment that (also) makes it easy
to move Cocoa applications to other platforms.

If GNUstep is nicer to work with than Cocoa, then I think that's a feature, not
a bug!

David