Re: Emacs.app (from BZR) and GNUstep (from SVN)

From: Christopher Armstrong
Subject: Re: Emacs.app (from BZR) and GNUstep (from SVN)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 18:13:53 +1100

I believe Pixmap objects are server-allocated resources, but the X client (i.e.
the GNUstep application) is still expected to release the resource when it is
no longer in use to prevent leaking memory on the X server. X resources should
be wrapped in an Objective-C object so they can be retained/released like
normal objects, and have something in their dealloc method to call XFreePixmap
on the stored integer. However, there is no need to wrap them if the lifetime
is well-known during design.

Cheers
Chris
--------