Re: Font rendering problems with cairo

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Font rendering problems with cairo
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:47:30 +0100

Hi,
I feel like I am spamming the list these days, sorry.
well, there are small issues here and there...

I didn't follow the recent threads about font rendering so maybe this is
known but there are still some bugs in there. Take a look at the
attached screenshot.

This is with latest gui and back, cairo backend, libcairo 1.10.2 on
ubuntu 11.04 32 bits and xdpyinfo says :

screen #0:
   dimensions:    1280x800 pixels (339x212 millimeters)
   resolution:    96x96 dots per inch
   depths (7):    24, 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 32

Hope this helps,
Philippe
It looks exactly as the problem I have. It is a new issue, cairo used to work. I don't know why a rewrite should be really needed. Apparently it is also affected by screen aspect ratio or certain X features. It happens to me that I see it on the internal screen of the laptop, I export X11 to another computer and don't see it there.

Riccardo