Re: NSImageView & dragging

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: NSImageView & dragging
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:11:02 +0000

On 16 Jan 2012, at 12:45, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> On 16.01.2012 13:11, David Chisnall wrote:
>> On 16 Jan 2012, at 12:03, Fred Kiefer wrote:
>>
>>> On Cocoa the NSImageView implements the dragging target methods but is
>>> itself not able to function as a dragging source
>>
>> Are you certain about this?  If I create two NSImageViews in Interface
>> Builder using the image well palette item, I can drag images from one to
>> another.
>
> That is interesting. I had done the same and it did not work. Are you using
> any special settings for the image views? And could you please send me your
> sample application?
>
> I am using 10.6.8 and Xcode 3.2.2, maybe Apple changed things for 10.7 again?

It seems I misremembered.  They accept drags but, as you say, won't initiate
them.

Rather than moving the behaviour to a subclass, could we not just have a flag
for turning it on and off?  e.g. a -setInitiatesDrag: method.  That would make
it a bit easier for code that subclasses NSImageView and wants this behaviour.

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1