Re: Vespucci doesn't show images anymore

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Vespucci doesn't show images anymore
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:11:49 +0100

Hi Eric,

On Thursday, January 19, 2012 19:43 CET, Eric Wasylishen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Oh, sorry - I don't think that patch displays text attachments.
>
> I continued work on that patch a bit; here is the latest version. It still
> needs a lot of work before it's ready to be committed. This version has an
> efficient loop for drawing runs of glyphs, but I may have introduced a bug
> because the insertion point position seems wrong. Text attachments aren't
> drawn yet, either. To fully make sense the patch should really accompany an
> update of the backend font code to use real glyphs and respect the advances
> given in GSShowGlyphsWithAdvances.
>
> I guess I should put this in a SVN branch rather than emailing patches
> around… :-)

I tried this new patch, but also with this one, in Vespucci, there are no
images shown.
It seems the space for the image, where its supposed to be shown, is reserved,
but its not shown.
This was also the case before with the old patch, but I think I did not
mentioned it.

See the attached screenshot, in front of ImageViewer, LaternaMagica, Graphos,
PictureFrame there should be an app icon.
The PictureFrame is more right than the others is OK, this is also without the
patch and the images there.
The Screenshots GNUstep, Screenshots MAC don't have an icon before, therefore
are more to the left.

Sebastian