Re: Running GNUstep tests on OS X...

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Running GNUstep tests on OS X...
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 19:49:17 +0000

On 24 Jan 2012, at 14:28, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Is there a way to run the GNUstep test suite (make check) on OS X
> against Cocoa.   I would like to run the tests against Cocoa to verify
> certain behaviors of the NSXML* code.

Yes  (well, not 'make check' ... since that's supposed to run the tests on the
base library) ... you just run the testsuite using the normal command.

Obviously you need to install gnustep-make (which contains the test framework).

Then, for base tests, go into the base/Tests/base subdirectory and type
'gnustep-tests' to run the testsuite.

there are a few sets of tests that just don't work nicely on Cocoa though ...
so I usually just test the bits I'm interested in:
eg. 'gnustep-tests NSString' to run the NSString tests