Re: @property coding style

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: @property coding style
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 07:32:08 +0000

On 2 Feb 2012, at 04:39, Germán Arias wrote:

> On 2012-01-29 01:51:33 -0600 Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 28 Jan 2012, at 14:57, Stefan Bidi wrote:
>>> Am I required to use macros such as AUTORELEASE() or can I directly call
>>> the -autorelease method?
>> I don't recommend the use of RETAIN/RELEASE/AUTORELEASE any more ...
>
> And about the use of TEST_RELEASE?

Personal feeling: don't bother.
Aesthetically, I dislike capitals … which inclines me away from the use of
macros (and I think it's a good thing that the convention is to use capitals
for macros … if it discourages their use … since IMO macros often obscure code
rather than clarifying it).
IMO the utility of avoiding the overhead of sending a -release message to nil
is questionable on modern processors.