Google Summer of Code

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Google Summer of Code
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 09:54:28 +0100

Looks like GSoC 2012 was announced at FOSDEM (Did anybody notice?). Here is the timeline for it http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012

If GNUstep is interested we will have to come up with an application until the 9th oh March. We could either do this as a stand alone project (of course together with Etoile!) or under the GNU umbrella project as we did the last two years. I really would like to volunteer as a mentor again, I learned a lot from Niels during his project. But we should only invest any effort here if we see suitable students. Last year we were not able to attract such students and so the whole application to GSoC was a waste of time.

Please ask around, if any students you know are interested.