Re: Google Summer of Code

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 10:36:19 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:

> As for specifying a default browser, this should be as easy as to write a
> GNUstep wrapper, that is just a .plist file and to copy it to where
> make_services will find it. There must already be a lot of these wrappers out
> there, where do we collect them? Maybe we should set up some space in our
> source code repository to collect them?

Actually it is a little bit more complicated. The reason only Vespucci is
supported as default browser is that the default browser is supposed to
implement the -application:openURL: method, which obviously restricts it to
being an Objective-C application. To use other browsers, somebody would need to
implement a little wrapper tool that implements that method and forwards the
URL to the real browser.

Wolfgang