Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r34822 - in /libs/base/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSData.

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r34822 - in /libs/base/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSData.m
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 09:09:25 +0000

On 1 Mar 2012, at 08:08, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> All,
>
> We should bump the archive version of NSData and add code to pull in
> the value from the older archive and put it into the new NSUInteger
> ivar so that old archives will still be unarchived correctly.
> Otherwise, this will break a number of existing .gorm files.

The NSData archiving change is backward compatible and don't need a new version.
The archive format is not backward compatible, but we already bumped the
archive version format to handle that.

Riccardo's problem seems to be a Gorm file with a corrupt/incorrect archive
version number somehow (it seems to have a version of 40000, when the archive
version in base has only just been bummed up to 12402).
I don't know what's going on there.