Re: Unresolved Issues with libxml2

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Unresolved Issues with libxml2
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 21:58:07 +0100

On Sunday, March 4, 2012, Fred Kiefer wrote:
On 04.03.2012 22:32, Ivan Vučica wrote:
Subclassing NSXMLElement and overriding +[NSXMLDocument replacementClassForClass:] (still nonfunctional in GNUstep)

Sorry, I am mostly interested in this small part of your mail. Why do you think that this method is still non-functional? Do you have an example, where it fails or results in unexpected behaviour?
Last time I tried your OPML test application that part seemed to work.

Last time I tried it, it didn't, and I thought I checked this before sending mail. I'm certain I did, and I'm (nearly) certain it still doesn't work right, since I just rebuilt base and the OPML app, and attempting to set node text fails (doubleclick on the node):

2012-03-07 21:43:59.194 OPML[14244] Problem posting notification: <NSException: 0x99e0c9c> NAME:NSInvalidArgumentException REASON:NSXMLNode(instance) does not recognize attributeForName: INFO:(null)

From what I can see, I'm calling attributeForName: only on OPMLOutlineXMLNode instances, so seeing NSXMLNode is definitely wrong.

--
Ivan Vučica - address@hidden