Re: gpbs and NSPasteboardCommunicationException

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: gpbs and NSPasteboardCommunicationException
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:59:15 +0200

On 28.03.2012 16:22, Slex wrote:
Il 28/03/2012 14:41, Riccardo Mottola ha scritto:
Hi,

which system are you on? Is it compiled cleanly?

On a standard linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD and OpenBSD system, gpbs will be
started automatically for you if it is not running. I suppose this is
not working or it dies because of the error you get later on.

Riccardo

Slex wrote:

Morning, finally i have updated my -make, -base, -gui, -back.
After the last update for some reason gpbs is not auto-launched, so
if i try to use some applications where i have to write, the window
(textbox) is not update. Ok, no problem i done a script that launch
at start of the session gpbs.
The problem is that when i use some applications like editors or app
that contains textboxes, now with gpbs started, i get lot of
NSPasteboardCommunicationException. All works, but with that
NSException:

Error Occurred While Updating Menu Edit: <NSException: 0x99e6294>
NAME:NSPasteboardCommunicationException REASON:expected array count
18 and got 302141011 INFO:(null)

This happens each time that i push a key button to write or i move
around my desktop the app's window.
Cheers,
Slex

For the moment i tried only on my linux (32bit) and it is standard.
Effectively, before the new gnustep update/build, gpbs was started
automatically and all did works fine; now i have to put it on .bashrc to
be started, after the start it works, but with a lot of that output
exception messages

I will try soon on my FREEBSD-9 amd64.

The error you are seeing comes from the array coding change Richard did a while ago. We all think that this is only possible when one of the involved applications (our test application or gpbs) is linked with an older version of GNUstep base. Could you please make sure that you remove all traces of old GNUstep installations from your machine. Next recompile all of GNUstep (make, base, gui, back, all used frameworks and your application) from scratch.

If it still fails, try to find out which gpbs gets used. Either with "which gpbs" or if that fails by "find / -name gpbs".