Re: errors with older libxml

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: errors with older libxml
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 23:37:39 +0200

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Thank you for reporting this issues. I tried to fix then in SVN, could
you please test again.

It builds fine now! Cool! FUnctionality tests will follow ASAP.

I cannot do anything about that cast warnings. They get reported for the
end of the files and I have no idea what they are actually complaining
about. Do you get these for other files as well?
Yes I get those warnings elsewhere. This is a Sparc processor, I don't get these warnings elsewhere...

 Compiling file NSRunLoop.m ...
NSPropertyList.m:4040: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSPropertyList.m:4040: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSPropertyList.m:4040: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSPropertyList.m:4040: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSPropertyList.m:4040: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSPropertyList.m:4040: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSPropertyList.m:4040: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSPropertyList.m:4040: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
NSRunLoop.m:1501: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
NSRunLoop.m:1501: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
NSRunLoop.m:1501: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
NSRunLoop.m:1501: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
NSRunLoop.m:1501: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
NSRunLoop.m:1501: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type

but not everywhere...

 Compiling file NSXMLElement.m ...
 Compiling file NSXMLNode.m ...
NSXMLElement.m:790: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSXMLElement.m:790: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSXMLElement.m:790: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSXMLElement.m:790: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
 Compiling file NSXMLParser.m ...
NSXMLNode.m:2086: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
NSXMLNode.m:2086: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
NSXMLNode.m:2086: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
NSXMLNode.m:2086: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
 Compiling file NSZone.m ...
 Compiling file externs.m ...
NSXMLParser.m:2100: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSXMLParser.m:2100: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSXMLParser.m:2100: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSXMLParser.m:2100: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSXMLParser.m:2100: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type NSXMLParser.m:2100: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type