NSPopupButton alignment

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: NSPopupButton alignment
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:27:35 +0200

Hi,

I have noticed that certain popup buttons (but not all!) center their text when they are closed and unselected. Upon selection and opening, the text shifts left. For a prominent example, look the "browser selection" of the internet preference panel of systempreferences. Other examples I suspect is the Environment selection in the DataBasin Login panel. Or the Terminal services panel in Terminal.

I wonder by what it is caused, I find it ugly and annoying.

Riccardo