Re: some unsigned/NSInteger to NSUInteger changes in -gui

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: some unsigned/NSInteger to NSUInteger changes in -gui
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:02:16 +0200

On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 23:48 CEST, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 10.04.2012 19:57, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your patience. Now I got it, the decoder already has the value,
> > and just puts it in, where the pointer points it to. But I still think I
> > need to assign
> > _selected = [_items objectAtIndex: tmp];
>

> No, _selected should be [_items objectAtIndex: _selected_item], because
> -objectAtIndex: takes an NSUInteger.  Due to implicit casting these two are
> equivalent, but there's no point in duplicating the code.
>
> And you missed out the _selected_item = tmp assignment, so thi swould have
> been left 0 instead of the correct value....

Thank you Fred for taking care. I don't know what my brain did toI always mix
up the _selected with _selected_item yesterday.
Looking at the svn changes this morning, its now crystal clear David meant
yesterday.
Sorry, for my slow brain yesterday, I thought I had enough coffee, but maybe it
was too much.

Even if I didn't figured what David wanted to tell me at the main point, I got
a lot of interesting news out of the whole discussion
about the NSCoder and potential 64Bit big endian bugs. That makes me feel, like
I should try tackling OpenBSD sparc64 again, after getting all the ports
updated/working well with latest gnustep core releases (:

so in the end, thanks again for all your patience,
Sebastian