Re: DBusKit build failure

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: DBusKit build failure
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:45:45 +0200

Le 21/04/2012 13:14, David Chisnall a écrit :
> I believe it was a design decision for DBusKit that it require C99 support.
> It doesn't seem unreasonable, now C99 has now been superseded by C11, to
> expect a compiler to support the 13 year old standard...

And it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect a once building library to
continue to build with a reasonably recent compiler, gcc 4.6.1, which
I'm sure is capable of understanding C99....

I'm not the one who added -Werror to the default build of DBusKit and I
don't want to argue about standards or compiler. In my point of vue it
quite simple : if it's in the source repository it should compile with a
supported compiler (and I'm not arguing about 2.95.3 support here so
please), end of story.

Philippe