Re: Couple of problems with current SVN

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Couple of problems with current SVN
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 07:52:09 +0100

On 2 Jun 2012, at 07:27, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> The question here is which format you souce files are in. If you aren't using
> UTF8 here, you have to restrict youself to ASCII in you string literals. I
> think there was a change in this area about a year ago, but we discussed it a
> lot before Richard made the change.

Yes, basically, the rule always used to be that you could *only* use ascii and
that anything else was an error.
Now you should generally be able to use utf8 or ascii (though it does depend a
bit on your compiler whether utf-8 is ok).
Certainly using any non-ascii, non-utf8 character in a string literal is a very
bad idea.