Re: objc_msgSendSuper implementation?

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: objc_msgSendSuper implementation?
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 11:29:22 +0200

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 21:04:54 +0100, David Chisnall wrote:
On 5 Oct 2012, at 10:05, Luboš Doležel wrote:

1) Why isn't objc_msgSend() anywhere in the header files?

Because it's only implemented on X86-[64] and ARM (and almost MIPS)
and I didn't get around to exposing it.  Clang will use it, however,
if you specify the correct runtime.

2) Could you please also implement objc_msgSendSuper()?

I'm not overly motivated to do this, because we automatically cache
message sends to super and that provides a faster path.

And what exactly is the fast path? objc_msg_lookup_super()?
Because I wrote my own objc_msgSendSuper()/objc_msgSendSuper2() in assembly that passes the arguments on to objc_msg_lookup_super and then jumps to the return value of that.

--
Luboš Doležel