Re: Infinite loop in objc_msg_lookup_sender

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Infinite loop in objc_msg_lookup_sender
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 15:13:49 +0100

Tom Davie wrote:

> I guess the easiest way to get a hint at this would be to find out which svn
> commit it was introduced in, as 1.6.1 works nicely.  Is it possible to find
> out at what revision trunk and 1.6.1 matched each other?  That way I can
> spend a bit of time delta debugging where it's gone awry.

You can easily find out yourself with a little bit of svn magic:
 svn log -v --stop-on-copy http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/libobjc2/1.6.1
which gives you this information
 r35306 | theraven | 2012-07-20 12:44:46 +0200 (Fri, 20 Jul 2012) | 3 lines
 Changed paths:
    A /libs/libobjc2/1.6.1 (from /libs/libobjc2/trunk:35305)

 Branch the 1.6.1 release.

So, to answer your question, 1.6.1 was branched at revision 35305.

Wolfgang

PS David, I just noticed that the libobjc2 repository doesn't follow the common
svn layout, which has branches and tags directories at the same level as the
trunk directory and collects individual releases inside the tags directory.