Re: 64bit GNUstep Was: Problem with Cenon

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: 64bit GNUstep Was: Problem with Cenon
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 19:05:47 +0100

On 26.01.2013 17:37, David Chisnall wrote:
On 26 Jan 2013, at 13:10, Fred Kiefer wrote:

I am not sure I understand this mail correctly. Are you revering to
places in GNUstep gui where we aren't properly using NSInteger and
NSUInteger? In this case we should fix the code. If this once more
breaks the ABI it is a shame, but we have to do it anyway to get
the code consistent.

Yes, that's the issue.  Some places still declare int when they mean
NSInteger.  This is particularly a problem when they then try to
compare against NSNotFound, which gets truncated.

I was hoping that we have squashed most of them. We tried to hunt down that specific case for the last release. It probably is best to clean up the whole gui interface definitions and go through all the source files and check all the declared int/unsigned variables.
Any volunteers to help with that? It is too much work for one alone...