Re: display problem on x86-64bit / cairo

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: display problem on x86-64bit / cairo
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:11:47 +0000

On 30 Jan 2013, at 09:02, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> On 30.01.2013 09:39, David Chisnall wrote:
>> I don't see this behaviour with r36030.  When I update to the latest
>> svn (r36036), I see a huge number of compiler warnings from
>> mismatched types in method declarations and definitions.  It seems
>> that a lot of changes to headers were committed, but not the
>> corresponding changes to the implementations, so you're going to end
>> up with a lot of mismatched call frames.
>
> Didn't you want to join in for this NSInteger/NSUInteger/CGFloat cleanup?
> That way things would go a lot faster. Just one person ploughing through all
> of GNUstep gui code will take weeks if not months. If we all worked together
> this could be over in less than a week.

Yup, I'm currently going through, I should be committing the change in a few
minutes.

> Interestingly with gcc I don't get any new compiler warning. And as far as I
> am aware I changed all the method implementations where I changed the
> interface. This is of course not true for subclasses. You might be getting
> the warnings there. Otherwise this is really serious and I should know about
> it.

I've spent the last half hour compiling with -Werror and fixing everything that
stops compilation, and I'm now probably about 80% of the way through, so there
were a nontrivial number of errors.

GCC's warnings are, apparently, not up to much...

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine