Re: Problem with Cenon

From: Georg Fleischmann
Subject: Re: Problem with Cenon
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:02:54 +0800

On 12.02.2013, at 04:20, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> On 11.02.2013 06:38, Georg Fleischmann wrote:
>>
>> On 30.01.2013, at 09:53, Fred Kiefer wrote:
>>
>>> In file included from VHFPopUpButtonAdditions.m:36:0:
>>> VHFPopUpButtonAdditions.h:40:71: fatal error: VHFShared/vhfCompatibility.h:
>>> Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>>
>> ok, I was looking in the wrong file. The problem is in the header file
>> "VHFShared/VHFPopUpButtonAdditions.h".
>> The line:
>>
>> #include <VHFShared/vhfCompatibility.h>
>>
>> should be changed to:
>>
>> #include "vhfCompatibility.h"
>>

>> I can't test it with GNUstep at the moment, but it should work.
>
> That is what I always tell the GNUstep users :-)

> Of course it doesn't. Things only work when you test them yourself.
> In this case the next error that pops up is from DocView.m where #include
> "VCurveFit.h" doesn't work, when replacing it with
> #include "GraphicObjects.subproj/VCurveFit.h" gets me to the linking stage.
> Here it fails with

Well, this is already the next one, so the fix actually works, and one down :-)
I fixed this one for the next release too. Somehow Mac OS is never complaining
about these.

That's all I can provide from the hotel room. I will be back to my desk in 4
weeks…

> /obj/Cenon.obj/App.m.o:(.data.rel+0x18): undefined reference to
> `__objc_class_name_Vectorizer'

This is a new class added to Cenon. I added it to the GNUmake file, for the
next release.

> ./obj/Cenon.obj/DocView.m.o: In function `-[DocView validateMenuItem:]':
> /home/fred/GNUstep/Applications/Cenon/DocView.m:3988: undefined reference to
> `sel_eq'

> The first problem may be resolved by adding Vectorizer.m to the GNUmakefile
> and the second one by the change you already promised for the next release.

> This finally gives me a working Cenon application, but it isn't that usable.
> All the examples result in black windows and the application crashes after
> closing a window:

This is either a 64 Bit issue or more likely due to changes in GNUstep, that I
am not aware of yet.

> 2013-02-11 21:15:22.221 Cenon[9251] File NSBundle.m: 2600. In -[NSBundle
> localizedStringForKey:value:table:] Localisation file
> /home/fred/GNUstep/Applications/Cenon/Cenon.app/Resources/German.lproj/Localizable.strings
>  not in portable encoding so I'm using the default encoding for the current
> system, which may not display messages correctly.

This file is supposed to be UTF-8. Shouldn't it work then ?

> The file should be ASCII (using \U escapes for unicode characters) or Unicode
> (UTF16 or UTF8) with a leading byte-order-marker.
>
> 2013-02-11 21:16:00.406 Cenon[9251] DXF-Import: Drawing extends ($EXTMIN,
> $EXTMAX) do not contain all coordinates !!

no problem.

> Speicherzugriffsfehler

a problem.

> This may be due to the CGFloat transition that is currently happening on
> GNUstep gui.
>
> Fred

Thank's a lot for testing Cenon on 64 Bit.

Best Wishes,
Georg