Re: Tooltips in save panels

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Tooltips in save panels
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:58:33 +0100

On 24.02.2013 00:05, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

Fred Kiefer wrote:

As I wrote the idea would be to reuse the same timer for both run loop
modes. This is definitely better than having two separate timers. The
specific problem I talk about was fixed in base a long time ago. I
just used that as an example that harmless changes in gui might lead
to unexpected issues.
If we do any change in that area, it should be the one I proposed. The
question is, should we do so before the release?
With the current code using WindowMaker I can now see the tooltips
sometimes. They appear behind the save-panel window. I can see,
depending on the mouse position, totally disappear or partially appear
behind it. Difficult to take a screenshot but I hope you understand and
trust me :)

That is quite possible, when I first heard that tooltips aren't working for panel, I looked for that problem. But for me the tooltips are now positioned on top of the panels, so this is a window manager specific issue and you will have to find out for yourself which window properties will be needed to display them correctly.