Re: [GSoC Mentors Announce] Google Summer of Code 2013

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: [GSoC Mentors Announce] Google Summer of Code 2013
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:17:18 +0100

I think it might also be a better year for me to participate as well.

I'd start preparing this week by working on:
- an OpenGL and OpenGL ES wrapper that would be usable by not just AppKit apps
(a thin wrapper around GLX that uses CGL API)
- by moving QuartzCore to use that instead of AppKit

If I have some results by the deadline for student registration, I would feel
confident to register this year, so it gets to be an even better experience for
everyone :-)

The project would be: an implementation of parts of UIKit, along with patching
QuartzCore where needed.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Ivan Vučica