Re: [GSoC Mentors Announce] Google Summer of Code 2013

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: [GSoC Mentors Announce] Google Summer of Code 2013
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:21:20 +0100

On 25.2.2013 11:17, Ivan Vučica wrote:
I think it might also be a better year for me to participate as
well.

I'd start preparing this week by working on: - an OpenGL and OpenGL
ES wrapper that would be usable by not just AppKit apps (a thin
wrapper around GLX that uses CGL API) - by moving QuartzCore to use
that instead of AppKit

If I have some results by the deadline for student registration, I
would feel confident to register this year, so it gets to be an even
better experience for everyone :-)

The project would be: an implementation of parts of UIKit, along with
patching QuartzCore where needed.

Thoughts?

Hi,

may I just ask what the intention behind implementing UIKit is?
Having fun / better abstraction somewhere / iOS apps on Android?

For the latter to be actually usable, we'd still need some sort of Android backend. I've seen Cairo working on Android, so it shouldn't be too difficult...

--
Luboš Doležel