Creating PDF reports

From: Steven LeMaire
Subject: Creating PDF reports
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 22:04:35 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking at writing a simple program that will run scheduled on a server,
which will query a database and using the results, generate a PDF report to be
emailed to some users. I'm not too sure how I should go about doing this, my
first attempt at this was to write a tool that creates an NSTextView, and
simply inserts the text into it. It would then use the NSPrintOperation
PDFOperationWithTextView method to create an NSMutableData object, which could
them be written to a file.

The problem I'm having now is, it requires AppKit, so I'm building with
application.make included in my makefile, but it then is complaining there's no
shared application object.
Basically, I don't want a graphical interface, so I'm not sure where to go from
here.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steven