GS WM assumptiuons (was Re: Creating PDF reports)

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: GS WM assumptiuons (was Re: Creating PDF reports)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:07:02 -0800

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 08:44:58AM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> > The "guessing offsets" repeats about 30 times.
> This is a delay and cosmetic issue, but won't affect functionality: it
> happens as the backend tries to determine some information from the
> window manager by displaying a window, but fails so because you are not
> running a window manager and/or the one you are running isn't liked. The
> application will run 99% fine though. At most, certain menus and details
> will have the wrong offsets, but that is not an issue for your purpose I
> think.

I haven't tried in quite some time,  but I recall running a GS app under
a non-reparenting window manager (it may have been dwm),  and the app
never got started.

As I recall it was stuck in what seemed to be a loop spewing out the messages
about trying to determine the offsets for the (non existant) interposed
parent frame.  I eventually killed the app and used a different WM.

.pdf