Re: Question

From: Laurent Michel
Subject: Re: Question
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:03:53 -0500

On Mar 6, 2013, at 7:57 AM, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2013, at 12:53, Laurent Michel <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Quick update:
>>
>> I did:
>>
>> make -f Makefile install
>>

>> And that succeeded. There must be something I'm missing with the various
>> make involved (make cmake ccmake GNUstep own make).
>
> Ah, did you try to do a cmake build in the project root directory, rather
> than in a build directory?  This won't work, as it will conflict with the
> legacy Makefile and GNUmakefiles.  They will be removed soon.

No I didn't. I'm not familiar with cmake. As I said, I must be missing
something in how to properly setup.

With

make -f Makefile install

it worked (meaning it installed libobjc2 in /usr/local/lib) and I managed to
execute my program which now goes much further (still not
running correctly, but now it is probably something related to my build... It
claims that a method is not implemented even though it
does work fine on MacOS).

./queens2: Uncaught exception NSInvalidArgumentException, reason:
ORModelI(instance) does not recognize addConstraint:

The addConstraint: does exist. Now a matter for me to figure out why it won't
find it.
Also I'm getting lots of messages about autorelease being called without a pool
in place, but that might be on my end (even though i'm pretty sure an
autorelease pool is created right from the start with:

int main(int argc,char* argv[])
{
@autoreleasepool {
}
}

Maybe there is an issue with this syntax with this version of the runtime?