Re: CoreBase toll-free bridging

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: CoreBase toll-free bridging
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 18:04:06 -0500

The option to implement CoreBase on top of Base was done in the
beginning.  The problem here is that CF works in a much lower level
than Cocoa and as such a lot of functionality simply cannot be
implemented this way.  For example, collection classes like CFArray
and CFDictionary allow for non-objects to be added as keys and values,
this isn't allowed for NSArray and Dictionary.

That's just one example.  That was the original direction and I had to
eventually move to re-implementing everything in order to have full
compatibility.  I do borrow a lot of code from Base, though.