Re: CoreBase toll-free bridging

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: CoreBase toll-free bridging
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 11:41:33 +0100

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:07:59 +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
I like the idea of changing the format of literal strings to hold a
hash (obviously we need to get buy-in from a gcc developer, since
gcc's our reference/standard compiler), but I'm not sure there's any
point storing a cfTypeID field when we already have an isa field to
tell us what type of object we have.

Okay, I'll try to find a way around this in CF.

The only problem is, how do I propertly determine that isa points to a constant string class? There could be several:

"It is possible to have multiple compilation units referring to different constant string classes, neither the compiler nor the linker impose any restrictions in doing this."

--
Luboš Doležel