Re: CoreBase toll-free bridging

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: CoreBase toll-free bridging
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:04:43 +0100

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:46:36 +0800, Maxthon Chan wrote:
I do have the binary, but I have legal worries about this, unless it
is a kind of fair use and you can prove it.

The binary is an ARMv7 + ARMv7s Universal Mach-O binary. It is
shipped with my Xcode 4.6 iOS 6.1 SDK. And you can check out the iOS
5.0.1 firmware image for iPhone 4S which Apple left without practical
encryption in place. However in the iOS firmware all binaries are
crammed into an dyld (Mach-O dynamic linker for OS X and iOS) binary
cache file so it is a bit difficult to tackle that file.

Oh, in that case I have it already...

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.1.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures

I did a quick analysis and they seem to have moved relevant Foundation classes into CoreFoundation, but the CF implementation itself *is still in C*. Most CF calls do have a sel_registerName() & objc_msgSend() pair in them at the beginning, but these are the DISPATCH macros we've been talking about.

--
Luboš Doležel