Re: Archiving tests...

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: Archiving tests...
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 08:27:55 -0700

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Gregory Casamento
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been wondering if it might not be possible to build a testing framework
> based on NSEvent so that GUI tests could be scripted instead of manually
> performed, but that's just a thought at the moment.

I did something like this a long time ago, using a plugin to write
events, and a modified backend to replay them,
the main impediment to it working was that NSMenu or something went
and got the current mouse cursor position from the backend, outside of
NSEvent... I recall there being a comment somewhere that the event
queue was 'too slow or out of date'.
so presumably one would have to override that method in the backend as
well as NSEvent (or something...)