Re: NSURLConnection and SSL

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSURLConnection and SSL
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:14:08 +0100

On 11 Apr 2013, at 09:59, Maxthon Chan wrote:

> About this issue, I am rewriting NSURLConnection in an API compatible manner
> using libcurl. Can I submit it after it is done?

We really try to avoid dependencies on external libraries unless they really
have a lot to offer that we can't reasonably implement.
Last time I looked at libcurl (admittedly a few years ago) it looked pretty
ugly/hard to work with (not fitting well with object oriented design and our
APIs), and didn't really offer anything much in the way of functionality... so
I think it would probably make more sense to improve/bugfix any issues in the
existing code rather than using libcurl.

That being said, there's no reason not to incorporate a libcurl version of the
classes as an optional implementation selectable when you run the configure
script.