Re: Gorm, NSCollectionView

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Gorm, NSCollectionView
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 10:46:17 +0200

On 13.04.2013 00:02, address@hidden wrote:
While I am at it, I would like to understand some parts of Gorm and to
debug it so I tried this :

$ gdb /usr/local/bin/Gorm

Reading symbols from /usr/local/bin/Gorm...done.
(gdb) b loadFileWrapper:
No source file named loadFileWrapper.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) y
Breakpoint 1 (loadFileWrapper:) pending.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/Gorm

But it doesn't stop inside loadFileWrapper, how can I debug ?

I have compiled Gorm by passing make debug=yes so I suppose debugging
symbols are still there...
What do you use to debug with gdb, the terminal or a specific graphical
application ?

You probably wanted something like

b [GormDocument loadFileWrapperRepresentation:ofType:]

or

b [GormWrapperLoader loadFileWrapper:withDocument:]

The name of a method consists of all parts that belong to it.

Hope this helps,