Re: recommended developer environment for GNUstep?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: recommended developer environment for GNUstep?
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 14:18:51 +0200

Hi,

On 05/08/13 12:01, Pirmin Braun wrote:
Dear Developers,

since we're about to leave ProjectBuilder on YellowBox on XP, I'd like to know
what's your favourite dev-environment for programming with GNUstep?
Since you mention Windows, I try to do all development on Unix and then do minimal adjustments on windows. On Windows I just use mingw console + emacs or gvim (for windows)

On Unix, I essentially use either GVim or Emacs, but do the project managment in ProjectCenter (make file creation). It is just that the PC editor has some too strong limitations with indentation to be useful

I love Vim, but end up using Emacs because it has GNU-style formatting which wokrs out of the box and I use that for gnustep and GAP projects.

For compilers I use both gcc and clang on two different machines to verify my code and find errors.

On windows I have an older mingw setup, but with an up-to-date GS environment. I also have scripts that allow me to make a single-package standalone application (they need to be improved and then I'll share them)

Riccardo