NSBundle - supporting foreign bundles

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: NSBundle - supporting foreign bundles
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 11:23:07 +0200

Hi,

for proper support of non-native (OS X) bundles on Linux/Darling, I need some changes in NSBundle. I've looked into GNUstep's code and I can achieve most stuff with various tricks. But some things would lead to unnecessary code duplication and that's where I'd like to ask you whether a patch would be acceptable.

=======
1)
I'd like to add

+[NSBundle _addFrameworkFromClassWithPath: (Class)frameworkClass :(NSString*)path]

which would obviously be an extended version of _addFrameworkFromClass with the only change: it would use the path passed in arguments unless NULL. This is needed because dladdr() won't work for OS X dynamic libraries loaded by Darling.
I think this change is very unintrusive.

=======

2)
GSPrivateLoadModule() also contains platform-specific things. Would it be acceptable to add [self _loadModule: .....] called from -load that would in GNUstep simply call GSPrivateLoadModule()? This would enable me to override -[NSBundle _loadModule] and let myself decide whether to use GNUstep's mechanisms or my own.

=======

Thanks!
--
Luboš Doležel