Re: libobjc2 cmake C++ library issue

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: libobjc2 cmake C++ library issue
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 14:21:06 +0100

On 21 May 2013, at 12:16, Chan Maxthon <address@hidden> wrote:

> When I tried to compile libobjc2 trunk or 1.7rc1 on Ubuntu server using clang
> 3.4 svn, clearly the objc++ part is calling for c++11

No, it isn't.  It is written in C++98 and does not depend on any C++11
features.  It is for interoperability between Objective-C and C++ exceptions.

> from its asking for c++abi library and c++11 headers

It is not asking for any C++11 headers and will only build the libobjcxx.so if
it can not find the C++ ABI library and so must avoid linking to every ObjC
program to libstdc++.