Xib and keyed decoding

From: forumer
Subject: Xib and keyed decoding
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 14:16:31 +0200

Hi,

I am still trying to understand how things work during xib decoding and I tried to put some breakpoints
inside NSBox initWithCoder but it freezed the virtual machine
Before it crashes I was surprised to see that the debugger was passing by the other if ([aDecoder allowsKeyedCoding])
while I thought when loading a xib it would use a keyed coding.
Was it just an hallucination and is there any case when loading a xib where we don't enter inside allowsKeyedCoding ? If I install a linux distribution on a real machine instead of a vm, will I avoid the freeze during debugging ?

Thanks