Re: Building core/make, core/base and objc2 for OS X

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Building core/make, core/base and objc2 for OS X
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 23:30:26 +0200

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Frank Rehwinkel <address@hidden> wrote:
Points taken.  I'm prepared for a little pain.  I've installed objc2 now (had to disable the tests) and see the header is installed in my local directory where I want but still I get the header file missing (my local directory isn't part of the include path yet I guess), even when I hack the source to change the angle brackets to double quotes.  So I have a little more playing around to do before posting again.

There is a way to figure out what the compiler thinks the include path is. Unfortunately, I don't know it offhand. In any case, if libobjc2 is installed into /usr/local/include, not only should GNUstep be picking up on it, but so should other software. Which may be good or bad. :-)

Don't forget to rebuild and reinstall gnustep-make, and re-source GNUstep.sh; the installed copy of gnustep-make is where the compiler configuration is stored and system configuration is described.

By the way, how do I reply to your post so it appears as part of the thread?  Is it enough that I reply from email and add address@hidden to the To: list?

That's right. Use the reply-to-all functionality or add "address@hidden" manually once you hit "reply". Nearly all email software should add enough headers to get Mailman and email clients to figure out it's a part of the same thread. Avoid changing the subject and that's it.

--
Ivan Vučica - address@hidden