Re: Question about memory management

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Question about memory management
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 23:11:27 -0600

On 2013-06-03 18:58:39 -0600 Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> wrote:

> The method is named +defaultWindow; it does not include "alloc", "create",
> "new"; hence its retaincount is "+1 (-1)", which is how I denote "currently
> 1, but autoreleased once".

This method includes +alloc and -init. But what confuses me is that
GSComboWindow isn't released in NSComboBoxCell. Maybe there is a
good reason for this, or this is a memory leak. As I said, an NSLog()
message I add in -dealloc isn't printed. But if I remember correctly, sometimes
the run-time plays tricks.

> P.S. I'm really looking forward to whatever you're coming up with... it'll be
> far better than wrestling with inability to add GS coding standards to Vim,
> and then wrestling without autocomplete :-)

I think this is ready. I need write (maybe tomorrow) a more robust test app,
to see it works as expected.

Germán.