Re: __NSCF** classes and libobjc2 dependency on C++ runtime

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: __NSCF** classes and libobjc2 dependency on C++ runtime
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 19:58:50 +0200

Maxthon,

Please try to avoid replying two times to the same email. Also, try to avoid
not replying to the list, and then hitting "Forward". This annoys the hell out
of me, and probably other people as well. It breaks threading in mail clients
and list archivers.

On 4. 6. 2013., at 19:50, Maxthon Chan <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you are worried about legal issues, just see how happily ReactOS project
> is going. Their aim is a *complete Windows clone* that is *binary compatible*
> and Microsoft have no issue with them. If Apple have an issue about this,
> they should have already sued FSF and shut this project down.

Many organizations (FSF, Debian) do not WAIT to get sued. If you get sued by a
titan such as Apple, it's too late.

If ReactOS became a commercial threat to Microsoft and they had an easy case
against it, they'd strike. Remember how they struck at Linux through SCO? It
failed, because they didn't have a strong enough case.

You know, Android is Microsoft's #1 mobile OS. Why? How? Because companies pay
a lot in patent fees to Microsoft.

Don't poke a tiger with a stick. :-)

--
Ivan Vučica