Re: FreeBSD 9.1 missing libcxxrt - is it needed for objc2?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: FreeBSD 9.1 missing libcxxrt - is it needed for objc2?
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:48:45 +0100

On 14 Jun 2013, at 02:54, Frank Rehwinkel <address@hidden> wrote:

> libmap.conf is cool.  But in this case, maybe I can't get away with using it.
>
> An obj-c program I wrote that uses all the ..so libraries we've talked about
> didn't run when I mapped the libsupc++.so I found from a stable/9.1 ftp site.
>  This error seems to indicate the libobjc.so library is checking for an
> explicit version string.  Is there a way around this check?
>
> /usr/lib/stable-9-1-libsupc++.so.1: version CXXRT_1.0 required by
> /usr/local/lib/libobjc.so.4.6 not found

Hmm, I don't know what symbol it's using there.  I don't think libobjc2 uses
any symbols not in the GNU namespace.  If it's not too much effort, could you
recompile libobjc2 against libsupc++ (in ccmake, you'll see an option to
explicitly select the C++ runtime to use)?  If it works, then I can do the
release with a more explicit check for a compatible libsupc++.  If it doesn't,
then I'll have to do a bit more testing...

David

-- Sent from my PDP-11