Re: Cross-develop GNUstep apps in OS X (Was: Base BFD support: limit GPL

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Cross-develop GNUstep apps in OS X (Was: Base BFD support: limit GPL spreading?)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 12:53:58 +0100

On 16 Jun 2013, at 12:49, Maxthon Chan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Also on the technical side we can also provide some support can't we? I am
> looking at cross-building GNUstep code from OS X and Xcode.
>
> It is trivial to build cross Clang targeting Linux  and I can copy libraries
> and headers from my Linux installation. Any more ideas?

It would certainly be nice to ship Linux and FreeBSD sysroots (and a version of
GNU ld that runs on OS X and can target these platforms) packaged up as an SDK
for development on OS X.  We've discussed this many times in the past, but it
needs someone to be willing to:

1) Create them
2) Keep them updated

The second is harder, but without a commitment from someone to put the time
into ensuring that they work, they are of little value.  If you are as willing
to volunteer your own time as you are to volunteer other people's, then feel
free to create them.

This email complies with ISO 3103