Re: GNUstep WebServices in iOS app?

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: GNUstep WebServices in iOS app?
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:17:09 +0000

Am 24.06.2013 um 17:11 schrieb David Wetzel <address@hidden>:

> Hi,
>
> did anybody use the GS WebServices in a iOS application?
> I would like to talk to a SOAP service from the iPhone without having to
> write too much ugly code ;-)

Incidentally, yes. It's possible to use WebServices with a few tweaks to work
around some features that Apple has removed from Foundation with respect to Mac
OS/GNUstep. The problem is rather (and this is not legal advice, mind you) that
you can only do static linking on iOS, so you're look right up to a conflict
between the LGPL and the App Store ToS.

Cheers,

Niels