Re: Transparent views

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Transparent views
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 14:36:02 +0200

Hi,

Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
Hi All!

I've been playing around with getting transparent windows / views to work on FreeBSD.

On WindowMaker + xcompmgr / compton I can't get the window to be transparent. There doesn't seem to be any visual that has direct.alphaMask > 0. However, if I use the tool transset-df I can set the whole window to be transparent. (transset-df traverses the window tree and changes the properties of the root window)

However, if I use xfce4 + xcompmgr / compton transparency works fine. Both for pure X11 apps and NSApp with NSView and NSOpenGLView.

What do you use as test? Windowmaker + xcompmgr work fine for me, suing the Transparency Test of GSTest!

Perhaps you need to restart WindowMaker, I don't remember 100%, but it does work, I tested at the end of April the last time.

Riccardo