Re: Insisting on a bug

From: Vincent R.
Subject: Re: Insisting on a bug
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 19:34:49 +0200

Hum that's weird I have tested with a brand new xib created with
Xcode(juste a view of 240x320 with 2 buttons) and I there is no issue.
I will keep on investigating.

Le 06.07.2013 13:15, Fred Kiefer a écrit :
In addition to what Greg already wrote, I would like to explain a bit
in more detail what goes on here. The code that gets used for XIB
GSNIBLoading.m. Here we expect that the stored NSWindowRect is the
content rect of the window. If this isn't true for Cocoa some
adjustments to this code are needed. In your screenshot it looks like
all the windows have the same size, but different window decoration.
If this is that case then there must be a bug in your code that I am
at the moment unable to spot. Perhaps you could provide an example XIB
file that shows this problem?

And your proposed patch is most likely wrong, we already deal with
window decorations on another level. Please have a look at the method
styleoffsets::::: in WIN32Server.m and at its usages in that file and
in NSWindow.m. If we didn't make a mistake there, it should already
have very similar code to what you suggest.

As for no replaying to your mail, we had a GNUstep developer meeting
this week in Cambridge, where many developers attended and the week
before I was on holiday. I would have replied to your mail this
weekend, now that I am back at my computer. After two weeks away there
are quite a few mails to catch up with.

And the official way to report bugs is of course via the bug tracker
on Savannah (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/). Feel free to report your
bug there, that way it wont get lost.