libobjc compile issue on mingw

From: White, Jerry P
Subject: libobjc compile issue on mingw
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 06:23:38 +0000

I am using the mingw environment with clang installed. I downloaded libobjc2 by executing:

svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/libobjc2/releases/1.7/ libobjc2

At this point I am getting stuck on block_trampolines.S. I have read everything I can find on the web and do not see a solution. If I understand properly, this file is used for assembly code, which is well beyond my skill set.

Any suggestions you have would be appreciated. Is there a way just to download libobjc2.dll.a directly?

Here are the steps I followed once I obtained the libobjc2 svn distribution.

1.      I ran gnustep make (not cmake because I don’t have it) by executing:          make CC=clang CXX=clang++

2.      I saw that I was missing mman.h under mingw, so I obtained a workaround by:

o   svn co http://man-win32.googlecode.com/svn/trunk mman-win32-read-only

o   cd mman-win32-read-only

o   make && make install

3.      I then went back to libobjc2 to continue working on compiling it

o   cd ../libobjc2

o   make CC=clang CXX=clang++

o   compilation went ok until I encountered block_trampolines.S

§  block_trampolines.S:26: Warning: .type pseudo-op used outside of .def/.endef ignored.

§  block_trampolines.S:26: Error: junk at end of line. First unrecognized character is ‘_’