Wrong order when process some events

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Wrong order when process some events
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 00:18:24 -0600

I suppose that all of you (or almost all) has been facing a cursor
problem
with split views. When the split view contains a text view. Like in
ProjectCenter,
where the browser and the editor are inside a split. Sometimes when you
move the mouse from the browser to the editor the cursor remains as
double arrow over the text view. This isn't a ProjectCenter problem.
Attached a simple test with three views. Each one with a diffrent
cursor.
When you move the mouse from top to bottom, sometimes the cursor stuck.
This problem depend of the movement velocity. And maybe if you have a
fast computer, you will not see the problem. But at my computer this
occurs
frequently. The problem here is that, sometimes, the view under the
mouse
push its cursor, before that the previous view pop its cursor. The
order  of
these events is wrong.

I thought that this was because the NSWindow post the events at start
of  the
event queue. And if the event posted previously has not been executed.
So,
this would alter the expected order. But no, post the events at end is
worse.

Of course, a solution is increase the separation between views (or
cursor
rects). But in splitview this is not possible. Any idea?

Germán.

<WrongCursor-0.1.tar.gz>